- BRAC Seed and Agro Enterprise, a flourishing wings of BRAC Enterprises. It focuses on supplying quality agricultural inputs, appropriate production and post-harvest technologies to enhance production and reduce post-harvest losses to optimise the profit of poor and marginal farmers.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Monitoring the contract farmers' selection with suitable land for seed production (rice, vegetable, maize and potato) and observing the land and seed bed (rice and vegetable) preparation, for example the application of organic fertilizer, timely seed sowing, water, disease and overall crop management.
- In case of hybrid rice seed production, observe and maintain the A-line and R-line (number of hill/unit area, row ratio, distance, tiller number/hill) correctly during seedling plantation.
- Regular and organised block and plot supervision during and after seed sowing. Performing the off-types and grass rouging, rouging non-crossed and undesirable fruits.
- Close supervision of disease management; checking the scheduled spray of pesticides and water management.
- Close supervision during breeding period for crossing, bagging, and pollination.
- Close and careful supervision during ingathering of seeds after harvesting from field; mature fruit or grain collection, seed sample collection, seed immixture checking for varietal purity, sorting of different colour, shape and size fruits, germination rate, moisture content, curing and grading.
- Checking of potato seed quality, preserved in cold storage, along with the checking of the condition cold storage; temperature, humidity, stacking of sack, deloting.
- The candidate should have Diploma in Agriculture with minimum CGPA 2 or 2nd division/ class or equivalent result in all academic examinations from any recognized institution
- Age 20 to 35 years
Age: 20 to 35 year(s)
Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Health & Life Insurance, Festival Bonuses, Compulsory Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity and others
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
BRAC Centre, 75 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212
BRAC Enterprises, the social enterprise and investment division of BRAC were initiated as intervention to serve a need or create market access for the marginal producers. BRAC Enterprises strives to strike the right balance between financial surplus and social returns in order to achieve the targeted double/ triple bottom lines. By operating as a surplus generating enterprises that aims to alleviate poverty through its business operations and supply chain, BRAC succeeds in implementing its vision to serve the society in a profitable manner. Now, these socially profitable enterprises, across crafts, agriculture, livestock, poultry, fisheries, health and retail sector are making a significant contribution to the local economy through the creation of market linkage, entrepreneurs and employment opportunities.http://www.brac.net/enterprises