Manage and oversee overall supply chain operations, including procurement, logistics, and inventory management. Responsible for maintaining optimum inventory level and managing logistics & reducing operational cost like port demurrage, inventory carrying cost etc. Ensure that the supply chain processes and systems are effective to meet the needs and deliver agreed customer service levels
Job Description / Responsibility
- Forecasts the workforce requirements for Supply chain function and obtains requisite approvals.
- Develop / update SOPs for the Supply Chain function.
- Ensure coordination with sales, marketing and other internal teams to ensure accurate and up-to date sales forecasts; and provide inputs to business units for rolling plan finalization.
- Define the budget for the Supply Chain department and ensure adherence to the agreed upon budget.
- Develop monthly rolling plan and quarterly forecasting plan for Finance department for smooth and efficient operations.
- Identify & arrest areas of revenue leakages/ cost saving in the supply chain process. Manage & monitor all elements of supply chain costs including port demurrage, duty assessment, handling and storage cost, inventory carrying cost.
- Represent the governance committee as chairperson/ member as & when required.
- Define stock level parameters for vehicles, parts, spares etc. such as Just-in-time, in consultation with business unit heads.
- Ensure the maintenance of stock level (vehicles, parts, spares) necessary to meet the agreed upon sales forecast.
- Ensures that every step of the vehicle, parts procurement and supply chain management processes are functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities due to availability of stock.
- Ensure periodic stock check to monitor ageing inventory level & highlight the cases to business unit heads.
- Oversee the overall logistic management for vehicles and spare parts including order placement, duty assessment, fund processing, goods receipt at ports, storage at warehouse/ stockyards and vehicle movement across ports, workshops & dealer points.
- Ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stockyard management including appropriate space allocation and stock transfer with speed & efficiency.
- Drive timely preparation and submission of MIS by the inventory planning & analytics team.
- Oversee the general procurement process for RML & RMWL including; supplier identification & selection, price comparison, defining terms & conditions, evaluating supplier performance standards and logistics management.
- Drive timely updates on identified critical metrics from the Supply chain business partners of different business units & highlight critical observations to business unit heads.
- Prepare a system for timely communication of logistics related information to all concerned internal & external stakeholders.
- Develop and build good relationship with the Principal especially from the Exports division and external authorities such as port authorities and bank officials.
- Report on export portfolio from the competitor with details on quantity and the product lines.
- Monitor smooth payment clearance for exporter through banks.
- Advice BU Heads to negotiate with the Principal, provide competitor knowledge to facilitate discussion on FOB price.
- Drive capability building and development of high potential talent and focus on creating a leadership pipeline within the function.
- Ensure timely goal setting, performance review, feedback and development of direct subordinates in the team and guide them further in establishing performance plans for their respective subordinates.
- Participate in the identification of training and development initiatives for all employees within function and ensure continuous on-the-job training and other learning interventions for the employees.
- Drive the engagement and satisfaction of all employees through holding periodic meetings to discuss the achievements and address any employee issues and/or concerns.
- Drive participation and involvement of employees in Suggestion Meetings, Shop Floor Meetings, engagement activities etc.
- Assist in recruitment activities across all product lines of business and departments.
- Assist in the development and implementation of key HR and culture change initiatives.
- Any other additional responsibility could be assigned to the role holder from time to time as a standalone project or regular work. The same would be suitably represented in the Primary responsibilities and agreed between the incumbent and competent authority.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Supply Chain Management
- Professional degree on supply chain or equivalent is preferred.
8 to 12 year(s)
- Age 38 to 48 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Should be a Team player to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Should have knowledge in SCM Software/ERP.
Age: 38 to 48 year(s)
- T/A, Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Performance bonus, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2(Yearly)
- Attractive compensation & benefit package will be provided to the deserving candidate as per company policy.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting