- Region: Bangladesh
- Reports to: H&S Manager
- Division : Manufacturing
- Function: Health & Safety
- Role Purpose:
- [Short description of why the role exists and the results it is designed to achieve. Concentrate on why job is required and outputs, not activities]
- H&S Officer would assist in promoting good health, safety and environmental best practices. He would be assisting in proposing, implementing and monitoring measures necessary to comply with H & S Legislation and Codes of Practice, maintaining accident statistics, analysing trends and proposing & taking remedial action where necessary.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Inculcate Group Health & Safety (HS) Policy, Rules and Roadmap in Chittagong plant operation, development plan to improve the growth and sustainability.
- Development and implementation of Chittagong operation H&S long term and short-term objectives, action plan to achieve company ambition of zero accident and occupational illness.
- Development & implementation of H&S practices in office & plant operations
- Drafting local policies, rules and SOPs and getting those vetted by Management committee and implement those across the operation
- Periodical review of Risk Assessment, Permit to work (PTW), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Investigation of reported accident, incident & development of corrective actions and implementation.
- Participate in specifying, commissioning and qualifying new equipment and materials for H&S compliance.
- Development and review of emergency plans, conduction on site mock drill to check the effectiveness of rescue operations, and to create awareness amongst employees and contractors.
- Conducting routine inspection, audit of site to find out the gaps and required actions.
- Prepare the plants and operations for international audits, Compliance audits and other applicable H&S audits.
- Establish and maintain fire safety facilities across the operation.
- Suggesting and sourcing (with the help of procurement team) of international standard equipment and kits to support safety activities.
- Development of H&S training program, module and effectively implement throughout Operation.
- Creating a common H&S knowledge based platform for all company and contractor individuals to enhance capacity of local management to comply with H&S standards and actively participate in the development of company H&S culture.
- Graduation / Masters in any field, preferably in Chemical/ Environmental/ Mechanical Engineering.
1 to 5 year(s)
- Strong management skills, including leadership and motivation skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presentation and training experience for different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, persuade and communicate with people at all levels within the organization and with local, regional and national stakeholders.
- Ability to manage resources to meet competing and sometimes complex objectives and demands.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting