Job Description / Responsibility
- Provide the highest and most efficient level of hospitality service to the hotel guests.
- Works in the designated station as set by Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Able to organize the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders.
- Able to prepare and sells food within recommended time frames to meet Guest expectations.
- Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pan, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
- Able to produce quality product in a timely and efficient manner for the guests or staff.
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness, sanitation at the assigned work area.
- Responsible for preparing and cooking all food items by the recipe and to specification.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Prepare all menu items by strictly following recipes and yield guide.
- Cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items.
- Slices, grind and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits, vegetables and also able to weigh, measure and mix ingredients on correct proportions.
- Have general knowledge of cooking temperatures, making soups & sauces, preparing entrees, vegetable preparation and a la carte cooking.
- Set-up the station with par stocks of menu items, and prepare the dishes designated for that station.
- Checks supplies and prep lists and ensures all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
- Replenishes service lines as needed and restocks and prepares the workstation for the next shift.
- Ensures that all products are stored properly in the correct location at the appropriate levels at all times.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods and report any incidents to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Serve food in proper portions on to correct serving vessels and plates.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, workstations, tables, tools, knives and other equipment.
- Maintain correct portion size and quality of the food to the hotel's standards.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving.
- Assists in providing on the job training & development of new cooks.
- Assists other Team Members in the kitchen when needed or perform any other tasks assigned by the hotel management.
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Culinary in Hotel Management Institute
At least 2 year(s)
- Age 18 to 30 years
Age: 18 to 30 year(s)
- Monthly service charge after probation period.
- Provident fund
- Lunch Facilities: Full Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2(Yearly)
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting