Job Description / Responsibility
- Administer anesthetic or sedation during medical procedures, using local, intravenous, spinal or caudal methods.
- Confer with other medical professionals to determine type and method of anesthetic or sedation to render patient insensible to pain.
- Coordinate administration of anesthetics with surgeons during operation.
- Decide when patients have recovered or stabilized enough to be sent to another room or ward or to be sent home following outpatient surgery.
- Examine patient, obtain medical history and use diagnostic tests to determine risk during surgical, obstetrical, and other medical procedures.
- Monitor patient before, during, and after anesthesia and counteract adverse reactions or complications.
- Record type and amount of anesthesia and patient condition throughout procedure.
- Conduct medical research to aid in controlling and curing disease, to investigate new medications, and to develop and test new medical techniques.
- Coordinate and direct work of nurses, medical technicians and other health care providers.
- Diagnose illnesses, using examinations, tests and reports.
- Inform students and staff of types and methods of anesthesia administration, signs of complications, and emergency methods to counteract reactions.
- Manage anesthesiological services, coordinating them with other medical activities and formulating plans and procedures.
- Order laboratory tests, x-rays and other diagnostic procedures.
- Position patient on operating table to maximize patient comfort and surgical accessibility.
- Provide and maintain life support and airway management, and help prepare patients for emergency surgery.
- Fellowship of the College of Physicians and Surgeons (FCPS) in Anesthesiology
- Post-graduation in Anesthesiology (DA / MD / FCPS)
At least 1 year(s)
Both males and females are allowed to applyGender: Both
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting