- Job ID# : 58604
- Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Accountant oversees and directs all aspects of accounting support for the project.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Assists to develop, manage, and monitor project budgets, accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs.
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the accounting software.
- Prepares payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc.).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly Remove Office Voucher (ROV) documentation and promptly submits to HQ once approved by Senior Management.
- Ensures that the accounting records are up to date at all times, orderly, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Assists the Director of Finance and Administration in the implementation of the internal financial control systems and compliance with corporate and USAID policies.
- Liaises with the Director of Finance and Administration on all aspects of financial procedures and any issues that may arise.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Recognized certification in accounting highly desired.
At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2 years progressively more responsible experience managing finances of international development programs.
- Detailed familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis. Working knowledge of Quicken/Quickbooks or other accounting package a must.
- English language fluency.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting