- Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF - Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries. MSF operates in Bangladesh since 1992.
- In this context, MSF is recruiting a PMR assistant for a post and to reinforce its pool of replacement.
Job Description / Responsibility
- MAIN PURPOSE:
- Supporting the Project Medical Referent through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para)medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population
- Monitoring, and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Execute the National Staff Health Care Policy and act as the focal point for staff health related matters.
- Supporting the supervision of the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve / are serving as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of PMR (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
- Support and communicate PMR on clarifying different local public health documents and National staff health related documents.
- MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Participation in the health sector meetings in camps 14, 15 and 16.
- Networking with other INGOs and NGOs in the area.
Full Time, Contractual
- Diploma (Vocational)
- Medical Doctor diploma or Medical Assistant diploma
- Preferred Professional Certification: Diploma
- Training/Trade Course: Doctor,Medical assistant
At least 2 year(s)
- Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health
- Experience networking and communication in the Public Health aspect of Bangladesh
- Experience working in emergency situations is a benefit.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a medical doctor or medical assistant
- Excellent command of English and control of local languages; written and verbal.
- Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Familiar on Local/district /Upazila level private Clinic ,Health structure, Hospitals, Diagnostic center and other medical services.
- Good Knowledge on district and Upazila level MoH Health Structures of Bangladesh
- Knowledge on communicable diseases and Refugee health.
- Medical allowance, Weekly 2 holidays, Over time allowance
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting