- This is a National Hire and the location of this position will be at Dhaka, National Office of World Vision Bangladesh.
- The purpose of this position is to manage WVB`s Resource Development initiatives in order to ensure acquisition of new grants as well as providing overall technical support and coordination in enhancing World Vision Bangladesh`s capacity in Grant acquisition within the framework of the Country Strategy.
- The position will interact primarily with Institutional Donors, as well as World Vision Support Offices (Funding Offices) to identify opportunities, map out potential partners, develop proposals, and support inception process.
- Under the supervision of Director for Resource Development & External Engagement, the position will work closely with Technical and MEAL teams, Program Field Operations, Humanitarian team etc. in order to identify the needs of poor communities/ sectors, develop appropriate project proposals, and match that with suitable funding opportunities.
- The position will ensure that appropriate systems and process is established and followed for acquisition of institutional donor funding.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Develop winning grant applications targeting bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts, foundations and other donors.
- Work as a task manager and also manage the resource development team to lead proposal development of new grants.
- Support development of the resource acquisition strategy and annual business plan to achieve the target of diversifying resources through non-sponsorship and institutional grant funding.
- Mapping and screening of opportunities, mapping out potential partners, management of the proposal development and acquisition process.
- To develop the capacity of staff in concept development, donor liaison, and proposal writing.
- To ensure that donor intelligence is shared and lessons are learned throughout World Vision Bangladesh and relevant other WV offices.
- Contribute to implementation and compliance of grant projects.
- Managing funding plans and targets.
- Contribute to developing and managing Annual Business plan.
- Identifying funding gaps and match with funding opportunities.
- Funding bid writing and coordination.
- Fundraising Systems Development.
- Capacity Building and Organize training, reflection, lessons learned workshops leading to acquisition.
- Essential: Master degree in relevant field such as Development Studies, international Development, Social Sciences, and English etc.
- Desirable: Post graduate degree in any subject preferable in international, development studies, management and other relevant field.
At least 8 year(s)
- Age at least 33 years
- At least 5 year(s) of writing and coordinating winning grant proposals in INGOs, at least 8 years of overall works experience.
- Track record of writing and winning grants of USAID, GAC, DFAT, EU, DFID and other key donor agencies.
- Experience of competitive bidding is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of humanitarian industry (relief, development, and advocacy), including how INGOs operate in the global and local contexts.
- Broad understanding and in-depth knowledge of funding requirements and systems of bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts, foundations, private sector donors etc.
- Excellent skills in writing project concepts, proposals, and design documents.
- Skills in project budget preparation, report writing, and understanding of M&E.
- Skills in monitoring and development of log-frames.
- Proven capacity building, facilitation and training skills.
- Excellent command in English, both written and verbal.
- Decision making and conflict resolution skills.
- Competent in using MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint presentation.
- Ability to work under stressful condition and adaptive to local culture and situation.
- Managing and Coordinating Development/Relief Program in World Vision or similar agencies.
- Have the experience of dealing negotiations with the Govt. and Bi / Multi-lateral donor agencies.
Age: At most 33 year(s)
150,000 - 180,000
As per organizational policy.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
World Vision Bangladesh Address : Abedin Tower (2nd floor), 35 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka - 1213, P.O. Box: 9071.
World Vision (WV) is an established international Christian humanitarian development and advocacy organization dedicated for working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their fullest potential by tackling the causes of poverty & injustice. It serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender or ability. Being a child-focused organization, World Vision has the responsibility to ensure safety & protection of the children while they come in contact with the staff; accordingly all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child Protection Policy. Persons with a history of child rights and child protection violation are discouraged to apply. Female are specially encourage to apply.http://http://www.wvi.org/bangladesh