- Work Location: IRC-Bangladesh, Cox`s Bazar Office (Primarily focusing on the Ukhiya "mega camp", Teknaf, and host communities in Ukhiya and Teknaf.)
- Reporting To: Women`s Protection and Empowerment Coordinator
- Department: Women`s Protection and Empowerment
- Expected Start Date: At Earliest
- Contract length: Up to January 15, 2018
Job Description / Responsibility
- Context analysis: Conduct a rapid desk review and provide a reflection on the Rohingya protection context in Bangladesh, including a focus on how protection risks experienced in Myanmar impact safety/wellbeing in Bangladesh;
- Assess and produce a comparative analysis: Identify community structures, formal and informal justice mechanisms: and their protective elements and how they have evolved in Bangladesh. Expand understanding of already established community support networks, community leaders and camp structures. Analysing the accessibility among the refugee community, reflecting on age, gender, social/ethnic/religious groups among refugees and host communities, including specific and different needs of men and women, male and female adolescents;
- Needs, gaps and barriers: Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing justice mechanisms and how the refugee community perceives and utilizes them and provide constructive recommendations to link into the wider humanitarian response and IRC programming.
- PSPN Service map: Build on existing service maps to ensure available services/gaps in services tailored to the needs of persons with specific protection needs (PSPN) are identified and safe referral pathways established.
- Stakeholder/Social network analysis: Identify the key stakeholders, service providers, social networks, and decision-makers pertaining to refugee protection including government institutions, international organizations, community leaders, private sector actors, and any others.
- Community perceptions: Identify positive and negative coping mechanisms used by communities across camp, mixed refugee and host community with a particular focus on differences in age, gender, diversity and ability;
- Advocacy: Formulate targeted recommendations on improving or addressing social tension/conflict management, access to human rights-protective justice mechanisms, and needs/gaps of people with specific protection concerns.
- Protection strategy: develop recommendations for a Protection and Rule of Law strategy for Bangladesh based on lessons learned from previous and ongoing protection interventions; identify strategic linkages with existing IRC strategies for Women's Protection and Empowerment and Children's Protection.
- Master degree
- Concentration / Major: Social work, political science, human rights, anthropology or any conflict related field of study.
At least 5 year(s)
- Excellent understanding of global policy and framework related to protection of conflict affected people (refugees, IDPs and host community) and demonstrated experience of its application in diverse context
- Demonstrated experience in conducting protection assessments/conflict analyses
- At least 5 years' experience of working on protection issues in conflict-affected contexts
- Experience working with NGO's on program design/evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and training skills
- Excellent M&E and analytical skills
- Practical experience in administrative and logistics management for undertaking similar assessments
- Fluency in English is mandatory and excellent writing skills, knowledge of Bengali is preferred.
- Familiarity with the context/region is an asset
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting