- The Women`s Safe Space (WSS) Assistant works in the women`s safe space within a comprehensive and integrated women and girls Center. Her role is to support women and girls in the center through provision of activities including: setting up information sessions, recreational sessions, and emotional support sessions. She will assist in the provision of group activities, skills building, information sessions and other recreational activities that promote support networks and cohesion with women and girls at the women and girls center/safe space. These Centers will also provide essential SHR services to women and girls, so the WSS Assistant will work closely with the health team on safe and confidential internal referrals.
- Department: Women`s Protection & Empowerment
- Location: Ukhiya,(Refugee camp)
- Duration: Up to March 29, 2019 with possibility of extension
- Start date : At Earliest (Urgent Recruitment)
Job Description / Responsibility
- Adhere to and proactively promote the women-, girl- and survivor-centered support approach, and the GBV guiding principles;
- Consult and work with women in the WSS to identify their needs, interests and priorities, and where possible, adapt activities according to these to ensure activities offered are culturally appropriate, important, relevant and useful to women and girls;
- Support on conducting regular consultations with women and girls on services and activities;
- Conduct, prepare, and help plan and organize activities with women and adolescent girls;
- Provide Psychosocial First Aid;
- Assist with dignity kit distributions and appropriate messaging;
- Know, understand and use the formal GBV referral pathway;
- Work in close, daily collaboration with the health team in the Center to ensure women and girls have safe, discrete and confidential access to/from the GBV and health services via the internal referral procedures;
- Share with the women and girls what options for her care are available, including what services can be provided and what services cannot.
- Outreach and Community Mobilization
- Build positive, productive, trusting connections with women and their communities, ensuring to maintain professional boundaries and humanitarian ethics at all times;
- In collaboration with the whole Center team, conduct community outreach and engagement activities to build community support and buy-in for the Center and safe space in a safe and appropriate manner, and awareness activities on GBV and its health consequences, promote available services to women and girls, and listen to women and girls on barriers to accessing services with activities for female only groups;
- Inform women and girls about available services and material support in accordance with their needs;
- In close collaboration with the WPE team (and other actors where relevant) conduct regular safety assessments to identify key risks faced by women and girls within their community and use those to inform actions;
- Support the WPE team in developing key messages and strategies to address and/or mitigate risks faced by women and girls.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- Candidates with studies in psychology, gender or women's studies, social work or other relevant/related studies, and /or professional experience in counselling and implementing activities for women and girls or proven engagement in women's rights/groups - desirable, not essential;
At least 2 year(s)
- Age at least 24 years
- Only females are allowed to apply
- At least 2-3 years of experience needed in the field of Gender, GBV,
- Language spoken and understood by population in need (Chittagong and/or Rohingya) essential; Working knowledge of English - preferable, not essential;
Age: At least 24 year(s)
- Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Weekly 2 holidays
- Two Bonus in a year Equivalent to Two Basic Salary.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting