- The Child Protection Senior Officer will assist the Child Protection Manager in setting up new or strengthening existing child protection responses for children vulnerable to abuse, neglect, violence, and exploitation (including unaccompanied children), especially as a result of natural disaster. The Child Protection Senior Officer will oversee child protection staff deployed to natural disaster response (including landslides, flooding, and cyclones) as part of Mobile Medical Teams (MMT), and guide the MMT child protection interventions. Position objectives:
- To ensure children harmed or at risk of being harmed, including unaccompanied children, are identified and referred to appropriate services, by providing guidance and technical supervision to MMT Child Protection Officers
- To plan and ensure implementation of daily field activities while deployed and not deployed to emergencies
- To liaise with other case management actors on management of caseload and referrals
- Department: Child Protection
- Location: Ukhiya (Refugee camp)
- Duration: Up to October 31, 2019 with possibility of extension
- Start date : At Earliest (Urgent Recruitment)
Job Description / Responsibility
- Technical Quality:
- Provide daily guidance on case management activities to the Child Protection Officers in Cox's Bazar in accordance with the standard tools and procedures
- Ensure appropriate case management steps (including identification, assessment, and referral of urgent child protection cases) and documentation (including data entry) is completed in a timely and quality manner
- Ensure regular supportive supervision sessions with Child Protection Officers to ensure adherence to best practice, interagency case management systems, and IRC policy, and ensure that activities are delivered in line with children's needs and best interests
- Regularly communicate with the Child Protection Manager for updates on achievements and challenges
- Staff Supervision & Development:
- Directly supervises up to 6 Child Protection Officers
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, including MMT Team Leaders, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Works with MMT Team Leaders to ensure timely completion and submission of monthly time sheets, probation reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Assist with the recruitment of Child Protection Officers and Caseworkers, in coordination with the Child Protection Manager
- Ensure support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for Child Protection Officers on technical skills.
- Grant Planning & Implementation :
- Supports implementation and adherence to grant work plans, spending plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Coordination & Representation:
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with case management actors in the field, including government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level
- Program Development:
- Contribute to the development of the CP program strategic direction for responding to children harmed and at risk of being harmed
- Contribute to the development of proposal activities
- Coordinate with other IRC sectors staff (e.g. Women's Protection and Empowerment, Health, Nutrition, etc.) at field level
- Monitoring Responsibilities:
- Support regular field monitoring and modifications as required.
- Provide weekly and staff activity reports
- Other Duties:
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, human rights, or related degree desired.
At least 3 year(s)
- Age at least 24 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- At least 2 years of experience, implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- Previous experience supervising and coordinating a team in a cross-cultural setting preferred
- Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response preferred
- Previous experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English and Bangla required. Fluency in Chittagong desirable.
Age: At least 24 year(s)
- Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Two Bonus in a year Equivalent to Two Basic Salary.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting