- Main Purpose: In close collaboration with the Nurse Activities Manager-Outreach, implementing and supervising outreach activities according to MSF values, standards and procedures in the project area.
- This position will require frequent movement by foot within the refugee camp. It is essential that the candidate is able and willing to walk in poor weather conditions, both hot and rainy, throughout the refugee camp.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Supervise outreach activities and teams
- Assist in the development of strategies to improve preventative care through effective awareness raising, health education and health promotion to all beneficiaries.
- Directly responsible for accurate, systematic reporting of information related to humanitarian affairs within project service area.
- Systematically analyze information received
- Participate in exploration or surveillance as deemed necessary by the project and mission
- Ensure that all Outreach Team activities are performed in a manner that demonstrates respect for the individual and maintains confidentiality
- Responsible for representing MSF-OCA at all times with regards to its Code of Conduct, principles and values, and ensures the Outreach Team does the same.
- MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Fully understand and participate in development of the MSF OCA Outreach strategy, ensure all volunteers and NS understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Organize, train, and supervise their assigned outreach teams, acting as a role model for other team members upholding the MSF code of conduct and responsible behavior guidelines
- Support the teams to ensure efficient planning of work
- Identify, build and maintain good relationships with high level authorities, stakeholders, and community members in the coverage area, assisting in actor mapping of the camp
- Sharing information such as security and context changes or morbidity and mortality information within the camp with the Outreach NAM in a timely and reasonable way
- Assist the Cultural Mediators in the fixed sites for community patient follow up and defaulter tracing
- To keep reliable accurate records of all activities and ensure smooth data collection as specified by the outreach NAM
- Maintain a strong relationship with all MSF health facilities to ensure good collaboration of outreach team and facility team and ensure referrals are facilitated
- Leading weekly meetings with Outreach Monitors and other team meetings when needed.
- Assist in the recruitment and evaluations of the outreach teams
- Assist in organizing specific activities outside the normal functioning of the outreach team (mobilization for vaccination campaigns, emergency response etc.)
- With the IECHP Manager and Supervisor, assist in developing, producing, testing, and distributing health messages and IECHP materials via the health education team and ensure materials are adapted/ translated to target audience.
- Ensure good management and adequate training of each specific worker group (TBAs, WHP, surveillance, health educators, etc.)
- Receive the attendance sheets from Monitors each week and enter them into computer to send to finance/HR, and assist and coordinate the volunteer payments with support from Managers
- Participate in other activities as arise given changing context and evolution of the project
- Notify the outreach NAM or PMR of issues related to community perception on MSF activities; or of any issue that may affect the implementation of MSF program
- Essential diploma in Nursing or Medical Assistant with valid registration.
At least 1 year(s)
- Experience: Essential 1-year minimum working experience in MSF or other NGO in health promotion activities, or training-education activities. Prior management experience desirable.
- Languages: Oral and written English and Bengla; Chittagonian essential
- Knowledge: Desirable basic computer skills
- Competencies Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting