- Expected workload distribution: 70% Watsan-30% Construction
- Watsan: To ensure the quantitative and qualitative supply of water, the smooth running of the hydraulic and sanitation installations, and the sanitation of the different facilities supported by MSF OCBA within the framework of its activities.
- Construction: To maintain and make small improvements of the physical structure and functionality of MSF OCBA facilities, which include medical and health centres, pharmacy and warehouses, office and living spaces.
- Job Location:- Uchiprang/ Nayapara / Goyalmara
Job Description / Responsibility
- Water supply:-
- Plans and organises the supply and treatment of water in Health facilities (Nayapara PHC & Unchiprang PHC and IPD) supported by MSF OCBA.
- Draws up planning for repairing according to the needs
- Ensures the proper follow up of water treatments instructions
- Monitors the consumption of water and reactive agents
- Checks the good maintenance of the supply material for all facilities supported by MSF OCBA
- It is the technical reference person for all water supply.
- Plans and organises the installation of toilets in all facilities supported by MSF OCBA
- Ensures a proper monitoring of the maintenance and hygiene of these toilets
- Plans and organises the construction of drainage systems and treatment of used water
- Organises and trains on the maintenance of drainage systems and the treatment of used water
- Plans and organises the waste management per facility and/or department.
- Plans, organises and supervises small construction works (daily workers and contractors)
- Ability to read and understand technical construction drawings
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities, quantity take-off, bid analysis and support LM/LTL in the tendering process for construction works
- Preparation of quotations following MSF OCBA procedures and protocols with the support of LM/LTL
- Perform Quality Control duties for all construction works
- Orders and stocks:-
- Receives water, hygiene and sanitation orders, checking that the quantities received and the correct delivery of the material
- Draws up water, hygiene and sanitation orders in accordance with the material in stock, work time frames and field constraints
- Ensures the proper physical organization of material
- Checks that the water, hygiene and sanitation material is properly stocked and labelled
- Team Management:-
- Work with the LMs and LSs to train hygienist on water & sanitation maintenance
- Build capacity in the Log team in regards to watsan and construction knowledge and skill
- Participates in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the MSF OCBA area of work, being prepared to intervene directly
- Work with the LSs to ensure that inventories of all watsan, construction and maintenance material and equipment used exist and are updated.
- Participates in monthly reports according to guidelines.
- Ensures water and sanitation systems and medical facilities are maintained properly
- Conduct routine inspection, implement preventive measures and carryout maintenance works for all MSF OCBA facilities.
- Essential technical Civil Engineering, desirable water and sanitation related studies.
At least 2 year(s)
- Experience: Essential: minimum 2 years work experience in water and sanitation and construction in Bangladesh.
- Language:- Good knowledge of written and spoken Bengali, English & Chittagonian
- Practical knowledge of local water supply and waste water management systems;
- Understanding of local building techniques and practices, especially related to concrete, masonry and bamboo constructions.
- Desirable: basic technical knowledge in Plumbing
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Able to coordinate with other team members to ensure that common objectives are achieved.
- Behavioural Flexibility.
- Good communication skills and organisational skills.
- Stress Management.
- Results and Quality orientation.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting