- Work Location: IRC-Bangladesh, Cox’s Bazar Office (Transport will provided from Cox`s Bazar Office)
- Reporting To: Child Protection Senior Manager
- Department: Child Protection
- Expected Start Date: At Earliest
- Contract length: Up to October 31, 2019 (With possibility of Extension subject to funding, program needs and performance of incumbent)
Job Description / Responsibility
- Provide technical and management leadership to SHLS programs in Cox’s Bazar in accordance with best practice, approved project documents, and IRC policy
- Ensure ongoing consultation with and acceptance of the SHLS with the community
- Ensure technically sound SHLS activities are underway and each SHLS and all Facilitators receive support and supervision visits
- Ensure excellent coordination with other IRC sectors or service providers in planning SHLS activities
- Support actor mapping to define SHLS referral pathways and regularly assess pathway for responsiveness and quality of care to address suspect child protection cases
- Ensure regular communication with the CP Coordinator and CP Technical Unit to integrate appropriate technical unit priorities in program design
- Ensure regular monitoring of program implementation, and work closely with the Child Protection MEAL Officer to ensure quality data collection and reporting of child protection program activities
- Staff Supervision & Development :
- Directly supervise up to 3 CP Senior Officers and 1 CP MEAL Officer, as well as indirectly up to 16 CP Officers (SHLS, SAFE)
- Indirectly supervise and support the SHLS Facilitators and Community Outreach Workers in all SHLSs
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Assist with the recruitment of SHLS Officers and Facilitators in coordination with the CP Coordinator, CP Senior Manager, HR, senior management
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical and project management skills.
- Grant Planning & Implementation :
- Responsible for the overall achievement of the SHLS program
- Supports implementation and ensure adherence to grant work plans, spending plans and monitoring and evaluation plans
- Work closely and coordinates with IRC logistics, finance and grant staff to ensure timely and complaint program activities and expenditures; including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control and internal and external reporting systems and processes, including regular field monitoring and modifications to programming as required
- Ensure high-quality IRC and donor reports on activities, indicators and achievements
- Coordination & Representation :
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors
- Regularly attend CP sub-cluster meetings at appropriate levels to contribute to coordination of case management responses
- Program Development :
- Contributes to development of the CP program strategic direction for responding to children harmed and at risk of being harmed
- Leads proposal development activities (narrative and budget) through planning and program design with relevant field-based staff and ensure technical standards are taken into consideration
- Coordinate with other IRC sectors (e.g., Women’s Protection, Health, etc.) to receive and provide input and support regarding responses for children harmed and at risk of being harmed
- Monitoring Responsibilities :
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control and reporting systems and processes.
- Manage staff that report into monitoring and evaluation systems in order to ensure data quality and timeliness in reporting.
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from weekly and staff activity reports
- Ensure high-quality programming according to international minimum standards and best practices
- Support data analysis and information dissemination to the appropriate coordinating mechanisms, field teams, beneficiaries and IRC implementing team accordingly
- Other :
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Bachelor or Masters
- Concentration / Major: Social work, human rights, education or related degree desired
At least 5 year(s)
- At least 5 years of experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or education in humanitarian or development settings.
- Previous experience supervising and managing a team in a cross-cultural setting
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
- Demonstrated experience in grant management and proposal writing
- Good computer skills such as: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capable of applying skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, coordination function, training and the transfer of technical knowledge
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Chittagong and Bangla desirable.
Fringe Benefits (Medical Benefits + Bonus+ Leaves Entitlements) As per IRC National Pay Scale In Bangladesh.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting