- Job ID : HQ00922
- Job Purpose:
- Under the minimum supervision of the Senior Scientist/Post Doc/Associate Scientist will undertake gender research studies related to AGGRi and, publish and communicate results. He/She will play an active role in integration of gender in the AGGRi alliance project in Bangladesh. The position will contribute to supporting processes as outlined in Project Outcome 2 for development of gender-responsive product profiles through generation and validation of required data, consultations with national partners and value chain actors. The position will also support gender-related R4D activities in Project Outcome 4 by contributing to development of context-specific strategy for gender-responsive seed delivery and advisory systems. The potential of developing seed entrepreneurship by women and/or their collectives will be assessed and strategies developed. Evidence-based and targeted dissemination plans to provide preferential access of breeding products to women farmers will be designed and support provided for implementation by IRRI-NARES testing networks.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Work with the AGGRi project management team and specialists to ensure strong integration of gender, with a coherent approach to achieving the strategic objectives of the project.
- Facilitate the planning, designing and implementation of qualitative and quantitative surveys and other activities related to Gender Research in AGGRi and associated initiatives.
- Perform data analysis using the most appropriate and advanced statistical tools to support gender research studies at IRRI.
- Contribute to the development of scientific publications, communication products and research proposals including review of related literature, selection of adequate research tools and sampling methods, verification of suggested methodologies and establishment of parameters.
- Assist in strengthening the technical capacity of IRRI and its partners to use advanced tools and methods for gender research and integration.
- Constantly communicate with internal and external project partners and collaborators to gather feedback and to exchange conceptual ideas and other research-related requirements for the advancement of the project.
- Maintain regular contact with the HQ and other Country Office specialists to ensure activities are implemented as planned and reporting deadlines are regularly met.
- Organize regular meetings with partners and stakeholders to discuss, streamline and implement activities.
- Provide assistance and guidelines to internal and external stakeholders considering the implementation of surveys and other research activities, including logistics.
- Constantly monitor, evaluate and provide recommendations to improve research activities/tasks performed by survey enumerators and partner staff in order to maintain smooth conduct of mixed-methods surveys as well as to foster a productive working environment.
- Coordinate with required IRRI services and supplies to ensure smooth implementation of surveys.
- Assist implementing partners in organizing training's or demonstrations.
- Undertake literature reviews, prepare contextual analysis based on the program/project research needs.
- Prepare and submit updated research outputs in a timely manner.
- Evaluate, validate and contribute to the interpretation of results contribute to the writing of manuscripts for reports/publications as well as presentations/posters for national and international conferences.
- Contribute to publishing research results in high quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary journals.
- Supervise and lead the maintenance of accurate data recording and update database for efficient storage and retrieval of information.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in social science; preferred disciplines include sociology and rural sociology, anthropology, agricultural extension, development studies or, gender studies, or another discipline which provides suitable basic knowledge; and minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree in social science; preferred disciplines include sociology and rural sociology, anthropology, agricultural extension, development studies or, gender studies, or another discipline which provides suitable basic knowledge; and 3 years relevant work experience.
At least 3 year(s)
- Has extensive experience in research on gender in agriculture.
- Deep understanding of mixed methods research.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in qualitative and quantitative data analysis using software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Has ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Can effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent technical report and journal article writing skill.
- Has experience working in and international work environment.
Basic (54883- 101167) BDT per Month
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting