- JOB PURPOSE: Support the implementation of its projects including organizing range of trainings and other empowerment, livelihoods related activities for the Forcibly Displaced Rohingyas and Host population.
- Contract Type : Service Contract
- Contract Duration : 12 months
- Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Job Description / Responsibility
- Support for the effective and timely implementation of WFP's livelihoods/skills-development assistance in Ukhiya and Teknaf
- Assist in planning, designing the trainings module together with the partner.
- Assist in the projects monitoring and control
- Assist to maintain good relationship with all relevant partners and stakeholders, including concerned government authorities.
- Assist to liaise with partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Collect and summarise data, collaborating with implementing partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Work closely with beneficiaries (especially women and adolescents) to monitor programs and understand the context of WFP assistance
- Assist in preparing detailed monitoring plans, casestudies, qualitative and quantitative reports, including recommended follow-up actions to ensure program goals are achieved, share with cooperating partners and WFP and ensure follow-up actions are completed on a timely basis;
- Ensure the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Team leader, or by Head of the Unit.
- 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP's Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team's work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit's responsibilities will serve WFP's mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an "I will"/"We will" spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP's teams and external partners in fulfilling team's goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor's priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Graduation in relevant functional area.
- FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIES:
- Capability Name : Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance : Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
- Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) : Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
- Knowledge of Specialized Areas : Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Emergency Programming: Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
- Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt : Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
- Language: Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla. Fluency in Chittagonian language highly preferred.
- Knowledge & Skills: Computer skills. Understanding of M&E, reporting, accountability will be required
- OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with conducting/designing skills-development trainings, livelihoods support, women's empowerment.
- Familiarity with the special context of Cox's Bazar.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting