- Project: Strengthening extreme weather and disaster preparedness to enhance the resilience of host and Rohingya communities in Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh (SEWDP) Project, funded by UNDP
- Duration of Contract : Up to 31 August 2019
- Relationships : S/he will report to Project Manager.
- Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for organizing Disaster Management Committee (DMC) meeting, training on specific capacity building, development of disaster management plan as per design of the project. The Programme Officer (Training) will be the key to plan, implement and monitor all the DMC meetings, training of the DMC members and workshop with the DMCs. S/he will submit progress update and support Project Manager to prepare and submit periodic reports to the project authority on time.
Job Description / Responsibility
Minimum Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering, Disaster Management, etc.) or any other relevant discipline.
At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2(two) years working experience in a mid-level managerial position in initiatives on disaster management or risk reduction Bangladesh.
- Excellent ability to quickly grasp and synthesize inputs from a range of disciplines related to disaster management and development.
- Diplomacy, tact, negotiation skills and previous experience at a coordination level with local authorities and key stakeholders is mandatory.
- Must be physically capable and medically fit to work and travel.
- Fluency in spoken and written English an absolute requirement. Fluency in local language is required.
Admissible benefits such as Mobile Allowance, Medical Allowance and Group Life Insurance.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting