- The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world`s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox`s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
- Designation of Duty Station: Based in Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Start date: 1 March 2019
Job Description / Responsibility
- Overall purpose of the role: Under the supervision of the Cash and Voucher Manager, the team leader supervises the routine and daily administration of the emergency voucher project of the Shelter department, including voucher assistant team supervision and monitoring in Kutupalong and Balukhali refugee camps, Cox Bazar, as required.
- Assist in the design, setup and implementation of the project;
- Lead in the smooth reception and oversight of materials to the sites of distribution;
- Daily update and management of data-gathering and tracking tools used to monitor the project;
- Assist, and where necessary lead, community focus group discussions pertaining to the project in partnership and/or consultation with the Community Engagement team;
- Daily supervision and management of the project assistants and distribution kiosk locations;
- Lead the distribution of vouchers to the beneficiaries, and with the Project Manager design and administer the monitoring of voucher distribution;
- Oversee the registration of project participants;
- Supervise, monitor and capacity build the Cash and Vouchers team in partnership with the project manager.
- Strong adherence to safety and security protocols at all times, and along with CoC - dedication to reporting suspected contraventions;
- Ensure DRC Code of Conduct is understood, acknowledged in writing, and followed by the project staff and all volunteer labour, and infractions are reported in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
University education in Social Sciences, accounting or statistics.
At least 2 year(s)
- EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: (include years of experience)
- 2 years-experience working with an NGO in an emergency response setting;
- 2 years-experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and reporting of distribution and/or NFI and/or shelter and/or WASH programming;
- Strong experience in community engagement including facilitating focus group discussions and semi-structured interviewing is an advantage.
- Experience working on projects funded UNHCR, IOM, UNICEF, ECHO an advantage.
- Problem-solver and results-oriented;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Excel;
- Experience with digital data gathering platforms and tools (such as Kobo), including design of formats and evaluation of data;
- Experience in cash-voucher programming an advantage;
- Experience in administration and logistics an advantage;
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council`s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Bangladesh
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting