Contract Duration: Six months with possibility for extension
Job Description / Responsibility
- Provide coordination and liaison support to the UN Country Team to facilitate existing PVE programs and PVE-related activities;
- Provide training and capacity building support to government authorities and relevant agencies on specific themes and issues relating to PVE;
- Develop new/strengthen existing programmatic work of UN agencies and other partners with the support of the UNOCT and the RCO.
Advanced university degree in political science, international law, international relations or other relevant field. PVE related knowledge and experience at the international level is desirable.
At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2 years of work experience in development and/or PVE including with regard to national and regional counter-terrorism or PVE programmes;
- proven experience in drafting policy papers, reports and summaries on political matters, as well as proven experience in working with various Governmental officials in Bangladesh and other relevant stakeholders, including international partners, ability to resolve political and technical complex questions arising from the work on counter-terrorism, including comprehensive and integrated counter-terrorism strategies, and ability to conduct research and provide timely input on policy questions;
- Experience with the relevant Security Council resolutions and the various Pillars of the United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy, and familiarity in participation at professional workshops/conferences, are further assets.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
For details of the Job Description and instructions to apply, please visit our website:
Application Deadline : Mar 24, 2019
UNDP works in some 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.http://www.undp.org