- American Red Cross, Bangladesh delegation (PNS) of The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is seeking a Manager - Disaster Risk Reduction to support the Cox`s Bazar Sub-Office.
- Duration of the contract : Up to 31st December with possibility for extension
- Based in : Cox`s Bazar
- Reporting to : Program Management Delegate or designate
- Job Purpose: Manager, Disaster Risk Reduction will provide essential technical support in conducting DRR activities at guest and host communities. The key responsibilities will be to provide appropriate technical support to the program team and Cyclone Preparedness Programme (CPP) at camp level to improve our accountability and support to guest community populations needs in line with their cultural norms and traditions. The position will be responsible for maintaining coordination with relevant stakeholders working at camp settlements and of field activities and engagements with camp communities and supervision of the field activities as per need.
- Manager, Disaster Risk Reduction will take action to ensure appropriate usage of local Rohingya language while organizing any event for the guest community populations in camp settlements. Community acceptance, participation and involvement are essential in all levels of DRR activities and engagement process to empower the guest community populations to act for their communities. It is a key aspect of Red Cross/Red Crescent community engagement and accountability responsibilities. Linking the guest communities to local services and other actors will also be an integral part of the process.
- Manager, Disaster Risk Reduction is expected to maintain a respectful, courteous, accountable and transparent working relationship with the host and guest community members and all members of BDRCS, CPP, PNSs and IFRC offices.
Job Description / Responsibility
- The position will require you have enough experience and skills in providing technical support in implementation of DRR activities. You will be responsible for enhancing Red Cross/Red Crescent community engagement and accountability principles and goals. You are required to promote respect, equity, social inclusion, accountability and transparency always. You should have computer literacy. You will recognise the importance of developing and maintaining respectful relationships with community members, colleagues, partners and all stakeholders. You are required to achieve quality outputs in line with your job responsibilities.
- You must actively work towards the achievement of the BDRCS, American Red Cross and IFRC goals. You must at all times abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
- You should have a positive mind-set and motivation to work as a professional and committed team member.
- Support the operational and financial management of the coastal DRR program in the camp settlements and host communities ensuring the specific program objectives are met.
- Assist Project Coordinator/Program Management Delegate for any requirement as per demand of the program.
- Guide and supervise DRR Field Officers, Assistant Officers, Camp Mobilizers for better understanding of the DRR program.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor all DRR program activities at the camps as well as the host communities and all stakeholders including government agencies.
- Frequently visit in the project areas and plan and monitor activities during implementation.
- Guide the program team in implementing camp PoA developed by the camps, based on Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (VCA) exercise.
- Ensure continuous monitoring of the progress of DRR activities undertaken in the population Movement Operation and others.
- Work closely with the IFRC/AmRC and Cyclone Preparedness Programme during the assessment, project planning, and implementation, monitoring and reporting process and with the programme team members and BDRCS PMO colleagues at all aspects
- Ensure program resources are used properly and in case of any misuse or wrong doing immediately bring it to the attention of the Project Coordinator/Program Management Delegate.
- Support the programme team, volunteers and CPP to effectively assess, design, monitor and report on the program activities
- Plan and carry out with the programme team members, volunteers and CPP the following tasks to improve DRR support and reduce the vulnerability of the beneficiaries (Rohingya and host communities)
- Provide technical support or guideline on DRR to the field staff
- Liaise with BDRCS, PNSs, IFRC, Government bodies, UN and I/NGOs, community groups, beneficiaries and private sectors
- Work as a team member and share views and plans with BDRCS/AmRC/IFRC colleagues, and management
- Provide full support to programme or other interventions when appropriate
- Support developing/capturing IEC Materials, case studies, stories, Most Significant Change, visibility, etc.
- Coordinate with CICs, Site Management team, IFRC/AmRC and CPP to contribute in the field of DRR and attend the weekly coordination meetings at camps to update all regarding DRR interventions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Guide program team in procuring different materials (personal protective gears, early warning equipment, LSAR and FA kits) for CPP camp as well as host community volunteers
- Assist the programme team in ensuring and following the CEA process and PGI while implementing any activities in camps and host communities
- Assist Program Management Delegate in preparing budget, cash forecast monthly/quarterly/annual report and organizing monthly/bi-monthly/Quarterly program team coordination meetings and to share the meeting minutes
- Support ensuring the funds of the grant are used solely for the objectives and activities of the program
- Initiate note for any change such as transfers in BDRCS HR structure, request for cash advance, organizing big event, etc in consultation with Line Manager
- Support ensuring all program files, records, archives and databases (documentation, meeting minutes, etc.) are kept in good order and updated when required.
- Compile reports received from the field level and submit program progress reports to Program Management Delegate/Country Representative the Sector Manager according to the donor requirements, formats.
- Work as a team member and share views in a timely and appropriate manner
- Capture learning from the interventions specially in Rohingya local language and share with program staff. Also, share learning from camp environment and other interventions with program team to build synergy and engagement with other partners as necessary
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Graduate degree in a field related to development, preferably social science and disaster management background.
At least 7 year(s)
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience and skill in implementation of community based DRR
- Minimum 1 years of experience in working in the camp settlements of Cox's Bazar
- Experience and skills in facilitation
- Experience in working with local communities, guest communities (camps), civil society, partners, LGIs and governments officials
- Experience of working for a humanitarian or development organisation and/or the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spread sheets, word-processing)
- Languages: Fluency in English and Bangla. Chittagonian or Rohingya language preferred.
- Festival Bonus
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Provident fund
- Medical reimbursement for staff and immediate family of up to 70000 BDT per annum.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting