- DRRA is one of the largest development organizations in the field of disability in Bangladesh, devoted to the inclusive society and operating programs in 30 districts with implementing partners. It is working to make positive changes in the lives of persons with disabilities through creating an enabling environment and inclusive society. DRRA is promoting multi-sector Community-based Rehabilitation (CBR) which covers the key domains of well-being: health, education, livelihood, social inclusion and the empowerment of persons with disabilities and their families.
- DRRA is planning to appoint an Assistant Account & Logistic Admin Officer for implement its` project namely `CCDIDRM (Community Centered Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Management)`.
- Type of the position: Contractual for 01 year with possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- Reporting to: Finance & Admin Officer, CCDIDRM Project.
- Duty Station: Shyamnagar, Satkhira.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Prepare the monthly planner and activities performance report on a regular basis and place it to the authorities for reviews and follow up.
- Preparation of monthly Fund Requisition based on approved budget as per component/project activities and timely and a copy the fund requisition submit to the Finance & Administrative Officer necessary information.
- FINANCIAL ACTIVITIES;
- Handle the project bank operations and maintain liaison with principle bankers.
- Handle the advance & its adjustment timely & properly.
- Ensure that all procedures for finance and accounts in regard to drawing and disbursements are correctly followed.
- Fund flow status and Bank Reconciliation is done and cash in hand is as per policy.
- In order to maintain and appropriate cash position, monitor the bank accounts, advance and take necessary action if needed.
- SUPPORT SERVICE RELATED WORKS;
- Support to procurement committee to the draft the procurement documents as needed.
- Supports to maintain official visitors, official guests, photocopies & maintain/follow up the necessary register, the procurement register related to quotation & agreement as needed.
- Provide the necessary logistic support during the training, seminar, training and workshop and visitor's visit.
- PREPARING, RECORDING KEEPING & DOCUMENTATION;
- All financial transactions are posted/recorded correctly and ensure smooth and accurate functioning of 'Financial Report Preparation'
- Work with the Finance & Administrative Officer and Project Manager for the financial operation to ensure and effective operations of the project..
- Preparation of daily/monthly payments to the staff members and vendors and ensure that all procedures for finance and accounts in regard to drawing and disbursements are correctly followed.
- Ensure all accounting records, books of accounts, and documents for project is effectively and correctly maintained.
Master's in commerce Accounting/ Finance/ Management.
At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2 year(s) of working experiences in NGO's.
- Sound knowledge on finance and administration policies & procedures.
- Has behavioral, interpersonal skill, motivational skill, coordination skill and development skill.
- Has knowledge on budgeting and financial report preparation.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to financial resources management, cash/advance management, maintaining Accounts Receivables/ Payables, making necessary transactions and reports.
- Ability to plan own work, setting priorities and completing it under pressure or when faced with competing demands.
- Has knowledge on GoB requirements and Income Tax, VAT and other rules and regulations.
- Have basic knowledge on the internal control policy & procedures.
- Frequent field visit in the project areas of the country as and when required.
- Has sound operating skill in computer application (both English & Bangla) of MS Word, Excel and Tally Accounting Software is preferable.
- Has a good written and oral communication skill both in Bangla and English.
- Willingness to field visit in any time.
Monthly consolidated salary along with other admissible benefits as per project budget and, or DRRA policy
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
House - 2/5, Road - 01, Shyamoli, Dhaka - 1207
Disabled Rehabilitation & Research Association (DRRA) is a non-government, voluntary development organization in Bangladesh, working for the destitute and person with disabilities since 1996.http://www.drra-bd.org