- S/he is responsible for performing the all types of procurement activities under the organization and provides all type of procurement supports to the concerned project teams as per the `Annual & Monthly Procurement Plan. S/he will responsible to work with `Procurement Committee` closely. S/he will also support to the concerned project finance personnel for paying the vendors or suppliers timely. S/he will assist to `Store Custodian` for record keeping of inventory, property, etc. and in order to ensure effective and prompt service to the clients/projects as well as components under administration.
- Reporting to: Manager-Finance & Administration.
- Duty Station: DRRA Head office at Dhaka
Job Description / Responsibility
- To make 'Monthly Procurement Plan and implementation plan based on the 'Annual Procurement Plan' of the organization.
- To make prioritize for procurement as per the requirement of concerned projects.
- To contact with the concerned vendor, suppliers and other stakeholder.
- Prepare meeting resolution, procurement papers, Purchase Order', 'Work Order' and 'Justification/Note for Records' as needed and maintains the procurement register.
- Responsible for ensuring that a DRRA has a very clear strategy when purchasing goods and services.
- Communications & follow up with the banks, suppliers, carrier companies, forwarders and so on to arrange material for DRRA on time.
- Receive the ordering goods and services and handover the store custodian along with proper documents for recording in store and provide necessary bills along with proper documents to the concerned finance personnel for necessary payments.
- To examine sample basis whether the order goods/services properly supply by the suppliers or not.
- Provide a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service which will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings and best quality of service.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness, collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the organization.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients, expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies, perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements, control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Advice and support all the departments in procurement and supplier relationships helping to drive better procurement practice.
- Support all the departments' in procurement activities such as the tender process, fund requirements, supplier relationships and contract management for goods and services.
- To perform any other jobs as and when assigned by the top management.
Minimum BBA and Preferable in Master's in Commerce, or Master's of Business Administration (MBA)
At least 2 year(s)
- Age at least 30 years
- Have at least 02 years relevant experiences on procurement system & procedures are also preferable.
- Frequent field visit in the project areas of the country as and when required.
- Has sound operating skill in computer application (both English & Bangla) of MS Word, Excel and Tally Accounting Software is preferable.
- Has a good written and oral communication skill both in Bangla and English.
- Willingness to field visit in any time.
- Need to know: By cycle riding and Motor Cycle driving.
Age: At least 30 year(s)
Consolidated Monthly Salary; Taka 20,000 along with other admissible benefits as per project budget and, or DRRA policy.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
House - 2/5, Road - 01, Shyamoli, Dhaka - 1207
Disabled Rehabilitation & Research Association (DRRA) is a non-government, voluntary development organization in Bangladesh, working for the destitute and person with disabilities since 1996.http://www.drra-bd.org