- Shishuder Jonno` (For the children) Program is a sponsorship funded initiative of Save the Children in Bangladesh to support development of children particularly who are deprived from basic needs and services like health, education and living opportunities. Under this program, comprehensive activities as appropriate to children below 19 years are in implementation through following life-cycle approach. Country Office has been implementing diversified program core components, such as Maternal, Newborn, Child Health & Nutrition (MNCHN), Early Childhood Care & Development (ECCD) including Early Childhood Care and Stimulation (ECCSP), Basic Education (BE) including ICT in education, School Health & Nutrition (SHN) & Adolescent Development (AD). The non-core components are - Child Protection (CP) and Child Rights & Governance (CRG). The cross-cutting components are - Community Mobilization, Social Safety net, Gender and Inclusion.
- This Integrated Child Development Program has been engaging children, their families and community actors in order to address the needs of the children and to create enabling development environment for them. Save the Children have been continuing sponsorship interventions in its Rural Impact Area (IA) of Bakergonj & Muladi Upazila in Barishal District to implement long-term, age appropriate, children development program for next 10 years.
Job Description / Responsibility
The Upazilla Coordinator (UC) will have overall responsibilities for ensuring timely planning, implementation and management of ICDP-SJ Project i.e. MNCHN, ECCD, BE, SHN, AD and cross cutting issues including CP, CRG, ICT4D & CM effectively in its project areas following program strategies and guidelines for achieving the goal and objectives of the project. S/he will supervise and manage staff and project office effectively. S/he also ensures coordination among the program/components/admin& finance under the close guidance of Program Coordinator. This position is also responsible to keep good coordination and network with Upazilla level different government department, LGI, NGOs and other stakeholders.
Master degree, preferably in social science or other relevant discipline.
At least 6 year(s)
- At least 06 years relevant working experience including minimum 03 years in management/supervisory position. S/he is expected to have sound knowledge on Bangladesh rural context and experience in working with multi sectoral program (Education, Health, Adolescent development, Population, Nutrition) and experience in managing field-level activities. S/he should have excellent skills in coordinating, interpersonal communication, representing, presentation, supportive supervision & staff management; good in program planning, budgeting, problem solving & decision making, time management, monitoring, documentation & reporting, proficiency in English and advance knowledge on financial & administrative management. S/he should belong multi discipline team approach, non-discriminatory & gender sensitive, open, transparent, accountable and positive attitude.
- Knowledge and experience on participatory development approaches, Community Mobilization, Child Right & Child Protection, Education & Health and Nutrition program implementation and management will be an added advantage.
- SPECIAL SKILL:
- Hands-on computer (MS Office, PowerPoint) operating skills.
- Motorcycle driving with valid driving license.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting