- Shishuder Jonno` (For the children) Program is a sponsorship funded initiative of Save the Children in Bangladesh to support development of children particularly who are deprived from basic needs and services like health, education and living opportunities. Under this program, comprehensive activities as appropriate to children below 19 years are in implementation through following life-cycle approach. Country Office has been implementing diversified program core components, such as Maternal, Newborn, Child Health & Nutrition (MNCHN), Early Childhood Care & Development (ECCD) including Early Childhood Care and Stimulation (ECCSP), Basic Education (BE) including ICT in education, School Health & Nutrition (SHN) & Adolescent Development (AD). The non-core components are - Child Protection (CP) and Child Rights & Governance (CRG). The cross-cutting components are - Community Mobilization, Social Safety net, Gender and Inclusion.
- This Integrated Child Development Program has been engaging children, their families and community actors in order to address the needs of the children and to create enabling development environment for them. Save the Children have been continuing sponsorship interventions in its Rural Impact Area (IA) of Bakergonj & Muladi Upazila in Barishal District to implement long-term, age appropriate, children development program for next 10 years.
Job Description / Responsibility
The Project Officer (MNCHN) position is primarily responsible for capacity building of field staff and stakeholders on Maternal New-born Child Health and Nutrition (MNCHN) of Integrated Child Development Program (ICDP)-SJ program at field level guided by program strategies and plans. S/he will acts as one of the key technical persons to maintain technical standards in Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health & Nutrition program planning, monitoring and implementation at field level at Muladi/Bakergonj area in coordination with ECCD, and Child Protection, Community Mobilization and ICT4D cross cutting issues. This position will also help field staff to coordinate with different GO/NGOs/private agencies for cooperation, collaboration and sharing programs at local level whenever necessary. S/he will coordinate between technical staff of Save the Children International (SCI) and SAINT so that activities are in place with expected standard and maintain similarity. This position will also be responsible for two unions for overall coordination and support to the FFs for effective implementation of ICDP-SJ program.
Masters degree in any subject.
At least 3 year(s)
- At least 03 (three) years' working experience in development field on health program; Preference will be given to the candidates having experiences on Integrated Child Development, Advanced knowledge on Maternal, New-born, Child Health and Nutrition program. Motor cycle driving skills with valid driving license is mandatory for this position.
- Good facilitation skills
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Good influencing skills
- Proven ability to organize events (medium - large)
- Ability to visit communities frequently
- Good writing skills in Bangla
- Driving of motor-cycle is needed with valid driving license
- Motorcycle driving with valid driving license
- To work in team
- To protect children in connection
- To be non-discriminatory and gender sensitive.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting