- Shishuder Jonno` (For the children) Program is a sponsorship funded initiative of Save the Children in Bangladesh to support development of children particularly who are deprived from basic needs and services like health, education and living opportunities. Under this program, comprehensive activities as appropriate to children below 19 years are in implementation through following life-cycle approach. Country Office has been implementing diversified program core components, such as Maternal, Newborn, Child Health & Nutrition (MNCHN), Early Childhood Care & Development (ECCD) including Early Childhood Care and Stimulation (ECCSP), Basic Education (BE) including ICT in education, School Health & Nutrition (SHN) & Adolescent Development (AD). The non-core components are - Child Protection (CP) and Child Rights & Governance (CRG). The cross-cutting components are - Community Mobilization, Social Safety net, Gender and Inclusion.
- This Integrated Child Development Program has been engaging children, their families and community actors in order to address the needs of the children and to create enabling development environment for them. Save the Children have been continuing sponsorship interventions in its Rural Impact Area (IA) of Bakergonj & Muladi Upazila in Barishal District to implement long-term, age appropriate, children development program for next 10 years.
Job Description / Responsibility
The Officer-MEAL as the member of Sponsorship Shishuder Jonno program MEAL team, S/he will be responsible for the overall MEAL within the framework of Sponsorship Shishuder Jonno Program. The Officer-MEAL will be based at upazila under the guidance of central SJ program Office with overall responsibility to coordinate all MEAL activities with field level and produce different types of reports. S/he should extend effective support to facilitating conducting MEAL activities. S/he will be hold accountable to provide support to smooth implementation of ICT based MEAL system of SJ program. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring quality monitoring data and information through regular meetings and communication with all level staff. The position is accountable for hard and soft data management and preservation ensuring accuracy and timely presentation. S/he will be reportable to Upazilla Project Coordinator -ICDP-SJ Program for strategic decisions in relation to program implementation.
Master degree preferably in Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies or equivalent with combination of qualifications and practical experience in relevant field.
At least 5 year(s)
- Minimum 5 years professional practical/experience in the MEAL field.
- Computer skill in SPSS/STATA, MS Access and Excel is essential.
- The incumbent should have good data management and analytical skill, ability to interpret data.
- Good communication skills both in English and Bengali.
- Familiarity with the use of technologies in MEAL system.
- Motor cycle driving skills with valid driving license is mandatory for this position.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting