- Shishuder Jonno` (For the children) Program is a sponsorship funded initiative of Save the Children in Bangladesh to support development of children particularly who are deprived from basic needs and services like health, education and living opportunities. Under this program, comprehensive activities as appropriate to children below 19 years are in implementation through following life-cycle approach. Country Office has been implementing diversified program core components, such as Maternal, Newborn, Child Health & Nutrition (MNCHN), Early Childhood Care & Development (ECCD) including Early Childhood Care and Stimulation (ECCSP), Basic Education (BE) including ICT in education, School Health & Nutrition (SHN) & Adolescent Development (AD). The non-core components are - Child Protection (CP) and Child Rights & Governance (CRG). The cross-cutting components are - Community Mobilization, Social Safety net, Gender and Inclusion.
- This Integrated Child Development Program has been engaging children, their families and community actors in order to address the needs of the children and to create enabling development environment for them. Save the Children have been continuing sponsorship interventions in its Rural Impact Area (IA) of Bakergonj & Muladi Upazila in Barishal District to implement long-term, age appropriate, children development program for next 10 years.
Job Description / Responsibility
This is a union based front line position. Responsible for implementing major focused area of Maternal New-born Child Health and Nutrition(MNCHN), School Health & Nutrition(SHN) and Adolescent Development(AD) through community mobilization and participatory approach at the community and in schools. S/he will be working in close collaboration with Primary schools, High schools, Community clinic, Union Health and Family Welfare Centre(UHFWC), Upazila Health Complex(UHC), Union Parishad, parents, adolescents, community to ensure significant benefit to the children and adolescents of the SJ program area.
Graduation degree in science/ social science or equivalent degree
At least 3 year(s)
- WORKING EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- 03 (Three) years' working experience in development field. Preference will be given to the candidates having experiences on integrated child development & health care.
- Good facilitation skills
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Good influencing skills
- Proven ability to organize meeting/events
- Ability to visit communities frequently
- Good writing skills in Bangla
- Motor-cycle driving skills and valid driving license will give preference.
- To work in team
- To protect children in connection
- To be non-discriminatory and gender sensitive.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested professionals are requested to submit their CV and Cover letter with signed, a sealed envelope, copies of all academic certificate, NID, passport size photo image, skill and experience certificates, Valid motor cycle driving license on or before 5:00 PM, 20 March 2019 to
HR & Admin,
Ohi Bhabon, C&B Road,
Application Deadline : Mar 20, 2019