Job Type: Fixed Term for one year until end of March 2020
Job Description / Responsibility
- Liaise with relevant government authorities, military units, and other stakeholders at district, sub-district and camp levels on operational issues relevant to the field activities.
- Represent Oxfam in all relevant government-led and military coordination meetings at district, sub-district and camp level, and report back to the Govt. and Field Relation Manager and the Oxfam programme teams working the respective area.
- Keep Oxfam programme teams updated about government coordination structures and decisions, and advise about relevant permits and authorisations and how to obtain them.
- Ensure all Oxfam programme activities are appropriately certified by officials authorized to do so, in order to ensure smooth reporting against FD-6 and FD-7 approvals.
- Formally introduce requests for authorization to government officials at district, sub-district and camp level as required per Oxfam programme activities. Help programme teams anticipate which approvals will be needed as per programme planning.
- Support the development and translation of new FD-6 and FD-7 proposals, in coordination with programme, funding and business support teams.
- Translate relevant programme and project document from English into Banga (and back), and write formal forwarding letters to accompany these when submitting them to government officials for approval or endorsement
- Ensure that Oxfam operations are legally compliant, and advise Oxfam programme and business support teams about necessary steps to ensure compliance.
- Compile and submit programme progress reports against FD-6 and FD-7 agreements to government officials
- Arrange meetings and introduce programme teams and visitors to authorities.
- Ensure that local authorities and military understand that Oxfam's work is based on humanitarian principles and as such impartial, neutral and independent - and if necessary, explain these principles.
- Assess distribution field locations and ensure that access for humanitarian aid is coordinate with relevant authorities.
- Inform relevant government officials and bodies about the progress of Oxfam's work, both formally and informally.
- Together with the logistics and admin team, keep an overview of Oxfam field trips within their area of responsibility.
- Arrange visits of internal and external visitors to the camp sites, ensuring that authorities are informed and permits are secured whenever necessary. When necessary, discuss and arrange security arrangements with authorities for VIP visits.
- Help in security management of Oxfam field teams by reporting any security-related incidents to the Govt. and Field Relation Manager, and by advising on field trips
- Collect field activities information, and a schedule about official meetings, and report to Govt. and Field Relation Manager
- Support field assessments by information collection about displacement, population mobility, movement flows, and new settlements in camp areas.
- Supervise security aspects of field activities, risk assessment and local security aspects and report to and advise Govt. and Field Relation Manager in this regard.
- Cover for the Govt. and Field Relation Manager when requested to do so.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Govt. and Field Relation Manager.
At least 4 year(s)
- Relevant government / administrative experience of 4 years with minimum 1 year working experience in working in humanitarian or development programme-related areas;
- Excellent verbal and written English and Bangla skills;
- Able to write formal letters and documents in Bangla on a computer
- Proficient in using email, internet and Microsoft Office
- Proven understanding in the legal regulations and administrative procedures in obtaining government approvals for humanitarian work (FD-6/7)
- A solid understanding of the government coordination structures, mandates of different ministries and internal hierarchies.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and reporting skills, and an excellent ability to influence verbally to persuade with diplomacy and tact;
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure in a demanding and fast-moving environment;
- Initiative and motivation to work independently and develop solutions to problems. Highly flexible in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems;
- Experience in managing or coordinating humanitarian programmes;
- Experience in successfully managing FD-7 and FD-6 applications
BDT. 1,056,451 per annum (13 months) plus 10% market supplement
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Go to: for external applicants: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk
For internal applicants: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/internal
Search for the vacancy using the reference number INT5397
Complete the online application process
Ensure you submit your application before midnight (GMT) on the closing date. Unless a different time is specified in the advert
Application Deadline : Mar 23, 2019
Oxfam employs more than six thousand people in 90 countries who share a commitment to work together to end poverty and suffering. It is committed to ensure diversity and gender equality within the organization and welcomes applications from women, person with disability and under-represented groups. Oxfam does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on their HIV/AIDS status. The organization has been working in Bangladesh since the War of Independence and has established a permanent country office in 1972. Since then it has responded to all major emergencies in the country. Oxfam's current program focuses on Economic Justice & Resilience, Gender and Women?s Leadership and Humanitarian Capacity Building and Response.http://www.oxfam.org.uk/