- Summary: Assists with the completion of financial closing process and timely reconciliation of accounts. Ensure proper workflow and help to processes to ensure the accurate and timely work of Finance and Accounts. Coordinates and documents accounting processes based on different ERP systems. Assist in monthly preparation, review and analysis of operating results, and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- The position is assigned to Pathfinder`s Accelerating Universal Access to Family Planning (AUAFP) project in Bangladesh. AUAFP is a five year multi-million dollar project funded by USAID. The project aims to strengthen and expand access to quality family planning services through a collaborative health system capacity building partnership with the government of Bangladesh, specifically through a flexible implementation model led in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, including the National Institute of Population Research and Training, the Directorate General of Family Planning, and the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Other Information:
- Travel required (5% or less)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Job Description / Responsibility
- Reconciliation: Assist Finance team in records and reconciles balance sheet accounts including cash, intercompany, prepaids and accruals.
- Country Cash Requests: Assist in processing country cash funding requests for accuracy.
- Compliance: Assist to ensure having all documents for each financial transaction that will meet the compliance with Pathfinder and donor policies and local government rules and regulations.
- Accounting Processes: Works to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assists in initiatives to implement improvements financial statements in accordance with Bangladesh laws and USAID requirements. Carry out required tasks as assigned by Finance Director.
- Coordination: Coordinates with all the individuals of Pathfinder and assist them in processing their bills and other finance related documents. Provides assistance to Finance & Accounts Team as and when required.
- Audit Preparation: Assists with annual audits as needed.
BBA or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting, or related field.
At least 3 year(s)
- 3 years' professional finance and accounting experience.
- Work experience with a multinational organization/ INGO
- Prefer: Work experience in USAID funded projects and international Finance and Accounting
- Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Accounting Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply accounting principles, standards, guidelines, and practices.
- Reconciliation: Proven ability to reconcile accounts.
- Reporting: Foundational knowledge of the financial reporting process.
- Accounting Systems and Tools: Advanced knowledge of accounting systems, data and spreadsheets.
- Audit Process: Foundational knowledge of the audit process and internal control system, standards and guidelines. Must have attention to details and ability to work under pressure.
- Job-Specific Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of data and spreadsheets (Excel).
- Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Communication: Standard verbal and written communication skills in Bangla and English.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.