- Type of contract- Consultancy (Fixed term)
- British Council invites applications for the position of ICT Coordinator for its Libraries Unlimited project.
- The ICT Coordinator will be based in Dhaka for the duration of the programme, with associated country travel. The position will be in effect utile December 2020. Employee shall be paid on a daily rate commensurate to experience and salary history and within the predetermined salary range. The expected start date is May 2019.
- The purpose of the ICT coordinator is to support the Programme Manager and the Library Service Development Component in successful delivery of Libraries Unlimited (LU), a key project for the British Council and the Government of Bangladesh. This is a challenging post with multiple responsibilities and tight deadlines. The ICT coordinator will support a number of ongoing ICT interventions which aim to transform the existing district govt. public libraries of Bangladesh into modern, user-centric and multiplex platforms offering a range of innovative services including activities around state-of-the-art educational technology toolkits (e.g. Kano computer and micro:bit) which will be made available to all 64 district govt. public libraries of Bangladesh.
- The ICT coordinator, while supporting the broader Library Service Development Component, will also focus on implementing networked services, such as public WiFi and internet access in all 64 district govt. public libraries of Bangladesh. S/he will report to the Programme Manager.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Support the Component Lead for Model Libraries and the Programme Manager to successfully deliver the broader goals of the Library Service Development Component and Libraries Unlimited
- Coordinate and implement coding workshop tours. One tour will be held each month covering three different districts
- Support the Programme Manager in delivering ToT (Training of Trainers) for all the librarians (64 districts). The ToTs are usually held in Dhaka and the arrangement is shared with the Training and Capacity building team of LU
- Keep track of the inventory of the devices (Kano computers and micro:bits) and do necessary maintenance and troubleshooting of the devices
- Support in establishing govt. public library-based Code Clubs potentially in all 64 districts of Bangladesh
- Develop and provide contents for Code Clubs in different libraries. Train local resource on different materials and provide directives so that Code Clubs can run smoothly
- Work with the Project Coordinator to ensure that Child Protection regulations and formalities are strictly maintained as and when necessary
Graduate degree in Computer Science/IT/EEE/Robotics or a relevant discipline.
- The desired applicant should have prior experience of delivering coding/programming/IoT related workshop to children aged between 08-15 or older.
- Experience as a volunteer in such activities will also be highly appreciated.
- Any prior experience in a coordinator role will be highly valued.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
5 Fuller Road, Dhaka 1000
We connect people with learning opportunities and creative ideas from the UK. Whether you want to learn or teach English, take an exam, study in the UK, be our partners for development or find out about our forthcoming events, this is the place to start.http://www.britishcouncil.org.bd