Job Description / Responsibility
- Develops the country communications strategy and plan and manages implementation, ensuring alignment to the global and regional communications strategy and plan, and effective impact.
- Leads the development and delivery of internal and external communications campaigns that supports the national, regional and global communications strategies as part of overall Marketing strategy and plans.
- Liaises with country business leads and programme teams to ensure buy in and alignment with the Country Communication Strategy. Proactively works with business leads and programme teams to ensure an integrated and coordinated approach to campaigns and generation of communication outputs.
- Identify opportunities for high profile events to strengthen reputation and profile. Ensures aims and objectives of the event link to our overall stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Leads and manages country media relations and public relation activities. Designs a media segmentation strategy aligned to the corporate communications plan, to ensure media is effectively targeted at key audiences.
- Ensures that communications messages are consistent, strengthening the reputation of the British Council brand. Identifies risks and issues in advance to effectively manage and mitigate with support from the regional Head of Communications, and in consultation with the Marketing Director and Country Directorate.
- Acts as a champion for communication throughout the organisation. Focuses on corporate SDG priorities and sustainable development interventions. Identifies opportunities for cross-SBU collaboration for higher results and greater impact.
- Applies advanced communications expertise to provide advice to the Country Director and country business leads and develop and deliver agreed programmes of work.
- Develops and implement agreed projects and appropriate communications initiatives to meet country operational need, ensuring consistency with regional communications strategies, plans and approaches and global strategy where appropriate.
- Provides expert advice, support and challenge on communications to internal customers and other stakeholders. Develops high quality and effective country communications plans and solutions using established processes, tools and systems to ensure consistency.
At least bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business administration or relevant field
At least 7 year(s)
- Overall seven years of experience with at least three years' in a similar role. Demonstrable experience in providing expert advice and guidance on internal and external communications
- Demonstrable experience in managing and mitigating internal and external communications risks and issues
- Demonstrable experience in providing professional input on high-profile events
- Demonstrable experience in managing online SharePoint and intranets
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children.
- Transport allowance of Tk 9000.00 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation's policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Medical benefits upon confirmation on the post for the staff and their family members (spouse/declared partner and children)
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
5 Fuller Road, Dhaka 1000
We connect people with learning opportunities and creative ideas from the UK. Whether you want to learn or teach English, take an exam, study in the UK, be our partners for development or find out about our forthcoming events, this is the place to start.http://www.britishcouncil.org.bd