Job Description / Responsibility
- Deliver an annual communications plan that is measurable, objective, and in line with corporate and country strategy.
- Led by the Head of Communications and in consultation with Programme Leads and Project Managers, develop and deliver bespoke communications plans for projects, taking into account audiences, key messages, appropriate channels, project objectives and brand.
- Create or adapt online and printed communications materials - over-see, write and/or edit collateral including: websites, events calendar, press releases, impact stories, case studies, info graphs, brochures and printed materials to a variety of internal and external audiences including major donors and prospects, industry specific networks, and the general public.
- Proactively seek media placements for British Council stories, where publicity is managed internally. Ensure maximum coverage of campaigns, events, case studies, and projects.
- Generate social media plans to support country impact and activities, align in-country plans with regional approaches to social media, and manage evaluation and analysis of social media engagement to improve engagement with target audiences.
- Support project teams to be able to identify communications risks and be familiarised with risk-management protocols to protect the reputation of the British Council.
- Oversee the development of collateral produced in-house, by vendors, with or by partners to ensure appropriate brand, identity and key messages are reflected across all products.
- Support new opportunities to enhance corporate communications working with the Head of Communications, to develop high visibility campaigns leading through impactful stories, thought leadership pieces and high-profile events from our portfolio.
Relevant degree e.g. communications, media and journalism, English, marketing, BBA or equivalent level of qualification
At least 5 year(s)
- Overall five years of experience with one year in a similar role
- Considerable experience in creating communications campaigns for different audiences across different platforms
- Considerable experience in working in a matrix situation with multiple stakeholders and deadlines at a time
- Demonstrable experience in managing press and media relations
- Demonstrable experience in managing social media campaigns
- Demonstrable experience in managing websites and intranets
- Demonstrable experience in event management
- Excellent written and spoken Bangla and English language skills
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children
- Transport allowance of Tk 9000.00 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation's policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Medical benefits upon confirmation on the post for the staff and their family members (spouse/declared partner and children)
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
5 Fuller Road, Dhaka 1000
We connect people with learning opportunities and creative ideas from the UK. Whether you want to learn or teach English, take an exam, study in the UK, be our partners for development or find out about our forthcoming events, this is the place to start.http://www.britishcouncil.org.bd