The purpose of this position is to establish a model/system in selected BRAC International countries including capacity development to address disasters and emergency situation.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Design disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness and response plan framework considering BRAC International global plan, strategies and focus.
- Provide project management and technical support to the country emergency preparedness and response teams on disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness and response interventions.
- Support country teams to conduct country risk assessment for designing emergency response strategies and implementation plans considering internationally accepted standards and frameworks.
- Design, promote, and facilitate capacity development of a global team to address emergency preparedness and response at country level and BRAC International.
- Provide financial and grants support to country emergency preparedness and response teams.
- Facilitate & monitor communication for information sharing and maintain contact with related stakeholders.
- Monitor risk management, safety and security situation through country teams and support them to adapting relevant procedures.
- Report writing and budget development for relevant stakeholders.
- Engage with regional and global forum on humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction and climate change for co-creation of concepts, access resource and policy dialogues.
- Promote and facilitate BRAC International humanitarian branding at regional and global level.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme's goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Masters in Disaster Management/Urban Planning/ Social Science from an accredited university.
7 to 8 year(s)
- Knowledge on disaster management and emergency response programme/ project management
- Ability to document lessons learned and apply them to future project/programme management
- Ability to work under pressure with self-awareness, cultural sensitivity, respect to diversity, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to demonstrate values, core purpose and principles of humanitarian work
- Proven track record in capacity development interventions for teams
- Effective presentation and writing skills
- Effective donor communications skill
- At least 7-8 years working experience in disaster management, planning and capacity development
- Experience of working with cross boarder team and culture.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 17/19 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 24 June 2019
Application Deadline : Jun 24, 2019