- Society for Health Extension and Development (SHED) a National NGO working in Bangladesh is inviting applications from suitable Bangladeshi candidates for its programme title ` Emergency Nutrition Interventions for children under 5, adolescents and Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) in Cox`s Bazar" The Programme is fully supported by UNICEF. Now SHED is looking for qualified Bangladeshi candidates for the post of "Technical Officer-Nutrition" under Health and Nutrition Department. Number of Vacant Position is 02 (Two)
- JOB CONTEXT:
- To provide Technical Support at Outpatient Therapeutic Programme (OTP), Capacity Building of Paramedics, Outreach team and OTP staff situated at Rohiangya camps ensuring Nutritional treatment to The SAM children following CMAM national and International Protocol.
- Tenure: up to 31st October-2019 (With high extension possibility)
Job Description / Responsibility
- To ensure Nutritional Treatment (NT) for Children suffering from malnutrition.
- To ensure and Provide Technical Guidance for IFA Supplementation for Adolescents and PLW.
- To ensure and Provide Technical guidance for Deworming Tablets distribution.
- To ensure facility is fully functional during working days.
- To report BMS code breaking in your catchment area.
- To demarcate facility catchment area.
- To maintain liaison with Community leaders like Maji, Imam etc.
- To prepare yearly training plan for OTP staff.
- To organize ToT on CMAM for OTP staff.
- To Organize and Facilitate ToT for OTP staff.
- To conduct Training Need Assessment (TNA) of all staff.
- To provide On the Job Training(OJT) for field level staff.
- To develop training materials.
- To make training report for each and every conducted training.
- To Provide training on Nutrition Gardening/Cooking demonstration
- To attend CiC meeting at camp level.
- To attend Nutrition Sector camp level meeting.
- To organize Nutrition Focal meeting at selected camps.
- To attend and comply with CMAM Working Group Meeting.
- To analysis Daily Report.
- To cross check each data with existing records.
- To recommend and take initiatives based on monitoring findings shared by Monitoring officer.
- To provide need based support to service delivery staff.
- To organize joint field visit with GOV and UNICEF.
- To strengthen outreach activity as preventive measure.
- To organize Monthly progress sharing meeting with Programme staff.
- Make weekly CMAM report for Nutrition Sector.
- Make biweekly SitRep for Nutrition Sector.
- Make monthly progress report for UNICEF.
- Make Quarterly Narrative for UNICEF and SHED.
- To maintain SAM database for each and every enrolled beneficiary.
Master of Science (MS) in Nutrition and Food Science/Food Technology and Nutrition Science/Applied Nutrition and Technology from any reputed public University.
At least 1 year(s)
- Age at most 35 years
- Minimum 01 year practical experience in NGO field.
- Practical Knowledge in CMAM and IYCF programme.
- Good communication skills both in English & Bengali
- ENGLISH: Professional Written and spoken
- Knowing local dialects (Cox's Bazar region/ Rohingya dialect) is an asset.
Age: At most 35 year(s)
Group Insurance Facility & others facilities will be given as per organization policy/ project provisions.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting
Interested candidates must send their applications with a cover letter, updated CV with names of two referees, 2 copies recent color passport size photographs, Attested photocopy of all Educational Certificates, Experienced/Clearance certificate, photocopy of national ID card to the undersigned on or before 22 June-2019 (Saturday). No applications will be accepted after the timeline. Applications (Hardcopy) must be reached to The Executive Director, Society for Health Extension and Development (SHED),
1) Liaison Office: Ismail Tower (2nd Floor), Khurushkul Road, Cox`s Bazar.
2) Programme Office: Health and Nutrition Interventions, Dr. Abdur Rahim`s house (2nd Floor), Upazila Hospital Gate, Ukhia, Cox`s Bazar.
Application Deadline : Jun 22, 2019
icddr'B Campus, Main Road, Teknaf, Cox's Bazar.
SHED - the Society for Health Extension and Development is a renown organization of Bangladesh especially in Cox`s Bazar District was established as the successor to the ICDDR,B Teknaf Station following the closer of the former in September, 1989. The organization has flourished and stepped into one of the reputed Non-Government National Organizations in Bangladesh and engaged in transforming the lives of the community people towards positive changes in selected areas of the country. Currently SHED has been implementing eight more projects with DWA of GoB, UN-WFP, ACF, CARE Bangladesh, USAID, Aroynak Foundation, GIZ in different upazilas of Chittagong and Cox`s Bazar District.http://www.shedbd.org/