- National Position
- Contract period:
- 31 December 2019 with the possibility of extension (subject to funding)
- Line Manager:
- GBV Prevention Officer
- Staff Manager:
- GBV outreach Volunteers
- Based in Cox`s Bazar with daily field visits to the Rohingya Refugee camp
- Purpose of the job (Brief):
- The Prevention Assistant will have a background in Gender Based Violence (GBV) and women`s rights to disseminate information and provide trainings to the community on issues related to women and girls.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Planning and implementation :
- Work with the prevention officer to develop awareness-raising sessions for the community on women's rights and other relevant issues as identified by GBV Program team.
- Support the coordination of awareness-raising sessions that target adolescent girls in the camps.
- Reporting the GBV concerns of adolescent girls/women in the camps to the prevention officer.
- Support dissemination of information on existing WGSS services including working with other service providers to ensure community is aware of the available services.
- Support the prevention officer and the outreach volunteer's assessments, GBV rapid assessment, capacity building assessment.
- Support WGSS team referral services for cases requiring monitoring, recording and reporting.
- Actively contribute to sharing and exchanging information on all women's protection concerns or rights violations including individual cases.
- Supporting the WGSS in strengthening and functioning the referral pathways.
- When requested by the prevention officer, attend GBV program meetings on a bi-weekly or ad hoc basis.
- When requested by the prevention officer, responsible for recording minutes and attendance at meetings and giving to the prevention officer for translation and dissemination.
- Bachelor degree minimum 1 year experience working with the issue of GBV
At least 1 year(s)
- Knowledgeable in GBV and women's rights
- Experience working with refugees, women and girls, and implementing programs in vulnerable communities
- Understands the challenges and obstacles women and girls face regarding cultural practices, norms, and society pressures.
- Understands sensitivities of conducting outreach and awareness on violence related issues.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment.
- Emotional maturity and stability to deal with conflict and confrontation in non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, ethnicity, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Good communication and facilitation skills to work with community members and leaders on sensitive topics.
- Fluency in Bangla and Rohingya language is required.
- Good in English (both writing and speaking)
- Only online applications consisting of minimum a CV and a cover letter will be considered.
- The candidate must have personal commitment to social equity and equal rights and opportunities and adhere to the staff policies of DCA on Sexual Harassment and Anti-Corruption.
- DCA needs people with excellent interpersonal communication skills and a good team spirit.
- Willingness to be flexible is essential.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- DCA promotes equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages them to apply for these posts within DCA.
jagojobs.com Online Job Posting